Thursday, March 1, 2012

Website of Interest

I found a site that I thought was both interesting and potentially useful as a reference. It is The Medical Biochemistry Page, hosted by the Indiana University school of medicine. The content of the site is as a sort of reference library; it has links to pages which discuss specific subjects. For example, some of the pages are titled, " Basic Chemistry of Amino Acids", "Thermodynamics Review", "Sphingolipid Metabolism", and "The Cell Cycle", to name a few. I've looked at all of these pages, and their content is comprehensive and understandable.

What is available to the public is a subset of all of the material on the site. They offer a subscription service to access the entire site - rates are published. Whether or not I decide to subscribe to this site remains to be seen, but I have to be honest and say that from what I've seen it might almost be worth the investment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the website, Walt! Normally, I would like to see animations and pictures to explain the processes and mechanisms of everything in class, but this has potential to help greatly with future endeavors. Scholarly articles and resources are always needed in school projects and the work place and an organized reference website is extremely helpful.

    ReplyDelete